Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Setting My Next Goal!

I strongly believe in setting goals for many areas of your life but perhaps none as much as when you are on a weight loss journey.  I am one that likes a challenge--and one who HATES to fail at that challenge!  As a result, when I set goals I find I am much more successful at losing weight.

Most people jump in with a big goal like "I want to lose 100 pounds."  But this can be troublesome as this is a huge goal and will certainly take a long time to accomplish.  I usually have a big goal in my head somewhere, like the 100 pound goal, but like to set little goals along the way for myself and sometimes even attach rewards to them.

Like I shared in my last post, I am currently down 44 pounds.  My next goal?  50 pounds!  I feel like that's a big one and something to be celebrated!  

Next goal on my journey:  Hit the 50 pound mark

Date to accomplish goal by:  February 29th

I feel like this is a totally attainable goal and one that is realistic and allows for "life."  There will be nights out and some occasional chocolate and that's OK!  Sometimes you just need to drink that glass of wine!  Life happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment